WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world, but its popularity has also made it a target for hackers.
Even though WordPress powers over 30% of all websites on the internet, security isn’t always a top priority for developers or site owners.
The internet is a scary place. There are hackers, phishing scams and malware out there just waiting to steal your data or worse.
You need to protect your WordPress website from these malicious threats, and the best way to do that is by using the best WordPress plugins for security.
Luckily, you don’t have to take any chances when it comes to protecting your WordPress website because we’ve researched some of the best security WordPress plugins available today!
These tools will help keep your site safe while also improving its performance so you can sleep easy knowing that your website is secure!
Do I Need A WordPress Security Plugin?
Yes! WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems on the web. As a result, it’s one of the primary targets of hackers looking to attack and exploit websites.
A majority of WordPress security plugins provide enterprise-level protection against malicious attacks, preventing hacking attempts through brute force tactics and common vulnerabilities in which sites are attacked.
Whether you’re a business owner, an e-commerce site, or an individual blogger/website owner, using one of the best WordPress security plugins can go a long way in protecting your website and data from malicious attacks.
Here are our 6 best WordPress plugins for security in 2021:
1. Sucuri Security
Sucuri is the best WordPress security plugin in 2021
Sucuri is the best WordPress security plugin in 2021. The Sucuri Security WordPress Plugin provides you with a set of features for your website to help improve your current security posture.
Sucuri Security is a comprehensive security plugin for WordPress, and it’s free! They’ve designed it to be an all-inclusive solution that offers several features aimed at helping you keep your site safe, secure, and malware-free.
Features include file integrity monitoring, remote scanning via their LiveCDs or virtual machine instances like Metasploit Pro with automated remediation if vulnerabilities are found (premium), website firewall service from Sucuri Firewall Cloud WAF & more – the list goes on!
Advantages and Features of Sucuri Security Plugin
- Sucuri protects your website from hackers and DDoS attacks
- Monitor indicators of compromise with various alerting options
- Unlimited malware removal, a premium response SLA, and lightning fast page speed
- Speed up page load times by using Sucuri’s CDN
Pricing Plan of Sucuri
Sucuri comes with four different pricing plans.
- Basic: 199.99/ year
- Professional: 299.99/ year
- Business: 399.99/ year
- Custom: Custom
2. Wordfence Security
Wordfence is an excellent plugin for keeping your WordPress website safe and secure.
Wordfence includes an endpoint firewall built to protect WordPress by implementing the newest rules, malware signatures and malicious IP addresses in its arsenal of features.
With all these tools at their disposal, you can be sure that your site will stay protected against any possible attack or breach from hackers or viruses
Advantages and features of Wordfence
- Keep your passwords Safe with Wordfence
- Live Traffic: view activity on your site in real time
- Two-factor Authentication: Stop brute force attacks permanently
- Block traffic from any source
- Repair Files: Fix corrupt files more quickly and easily than ever before with one click.
Pricing Plan of WordFence
Wordfence is a WordPress plugin that alerts you quickly if your site has been compromised. It leverages the same proprietary feed and offers significant discounts on multi-year & multi-license purchases, all for just $8.25 per month or less!
Drag and drops newsletter plugin for WordPress
Jetpack is the ultimate WordPress plugin for security, backups, malware scan, anti-spam and CDN. Jetpack Security provides easy-to-access comprehensive site security so you can focus on running your business.
Jetpacks powerful spam protection lets you run a successful campaign without worrying about those pesky bots filling up your inbox with messages from fake accounts!
Advantages and Features of JetPack WP Security, Backup, Speed, & Growth
- Get constant website protection with Jetpack
- Automatically back up your site in real time and restore to any point you need
- See every change that is made on/to your old website and who made it with the Activity Log– great for coordination! Debugging! Maintenance! Troubleshooting. Monitor your site uptime or downtime.
- Maintain uptime and minimize disruptions to your business
- Monitor downtime and changes performed to your site.
- Secure your site with automated backups automatically
Backup daily: $5.97/month, paid monthly
Security Daily: $14.97/month, paid monthly
Complete: $59.97/month, paid monthly
4. All In One WP Security & Firewall
The All In One WordPress Security plugin is a comprehensive, easy to use, stable and well supported WordPress security plugin.
Experts designed this WP security plugin to reduce your website’s vulnerability risks while simultaneously implementing the latest recommended practices to provide you with an unparalleled level of protection for your site’s data and performance.
It also considers how many features are enabled on each installation so that users can measure their own progress towards creating a more secure environment for themselves online or within their company network as they gradually allow additional protections from this great all-in-one solution!
Advantages and Features of All In One WP Security & Firewall Plugin
- Keeps your website secure and running
- Checks for vulnerabilities to avoid hacker attacks
- Helps you take control over your account by preventing others from logging in as you
- Security points grading system for a transparent understanding of your site’s protection level
- Get help changing passwords and creating unique, strong passwords with our user account security tips
5. MalCare Security
MalCare is the only WordPress security plugin that ensures your website will never be slowed down by its heavy-duty, all-in-one service.
With MalCare’s hidden malware scanner – a fast and easy solution to any potential threats or viruses on your site – you can confidently say goodbye to slow loading speeds!
Malcare has an Auto Clean Feature, which cleans up dirty content without waiting for hours or days while ensuring full protection from malicious attacks with our Smart Firewall to not leave anything undone when it comes time for scanning.
Nothing escapes their detection methods: If something seems suspicious, they’ll pick right up on them before Google sees enough reason blacklisting the business and shutting it off entirely.
If you’re looking for peace of mind online, make sure you have MalCare right at your fingertips.
Advantages and Features of MalCare Plugin
- Looks for and removes malware that has been installed on your website
- Keeps your site safe from hacker bots looking to do malicious things that lead to higher risk of business failure
- Uses an automated system with the latest technology in order to shield you from hackers, viruses, and other cyber-attacks
- The scanner doesn’t affect how fast or slow down websites.
- It provides a link so you can see exactly what piece of malware was detected.
- Personal for 1 site: $99/Year
- Small Business for up to 5 websites: $259/Year
- Developers for up to 20 websites: $599/Year
- Agency Plus for more than 20 sites: Custom
Every website needs to be secured, and WordPress is no exception. With the right security plugin in place, a site can become impenetrable from hackers that are hoping for an easy way into your data. Still, with iThemes Security Plugin, you don’t have to worry.
This powerful and the best security plugin helps harden WordPress sites, so they’re safe both on our out of the web-browser by locking down vulnerabilities like SQL injections through advanced features such as two-factor authentication and malware scan scheduling – all while keeping end users secure!
Advantages and Features of iThemes Plugin
- Easy and comprehensive security plugin for your WordPress site
- Prevent hackers from stealing important customer data or compromising your business
- Stop worrying about what you don’t know and focus on what’s important – running a successful company
Blogger: $48 PER YEAR (Secure & protect 1 site)
Small Business: $77 PER YEAR (Secure & protect 10 sites)
Gold: $120 PER YEAR (Secure & protect unlimited sites)
The best way to protect your website from hackers and other threats are by installing security plugins.
Sucuri Security, Wordfence Security, Jetpack, All In One WP Security & Firewall, MalCare Security, and iThemes are all excellent WordPress-compatible security plugins that have been rated highly for their ability to defend against cyber threats.
We recommend using Sucuri Security and Jetpack because they are both lightweight plugins that won’t bog down your web server or take up too much of its resources, leaving more power available for computing tasks like rendering pages faster.
Which of these WordPress security plugin suites has worked the best for you?