WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world, but its popularity has also made it a target for hackers.
Even though WordPress powers over 30% of all websites on the internet, security isn’t always a top priority for developers or site owners.
The internet is a scary place. There are hackers, phishing scams and malware out there just waiting to steal your data or worse.
You need to protect your WordPress website from these malicious threats. The best way to do that is by using the best WordPress plugins for security.
Luckily, you don’t have to take any chances when it comes to protecting your WordPress website. Here, we present some of the best security WordPress plugins available online today!
These tools will help keep your site safe while also improving its performance so you can sleep easy knowing that your website is secure!
Do I Need a WordPress Security Plugin?
Yes! WordPress is one of the most popular content management systems on the web. As a result, it’s one of the primary targets of hackers looking to attack and exploit websites.
Most WordPress security plugins provide enterprise-level protection against malicious attacks to prevent against hacking attempts.
Whether you’re a business owner or run a blog/e-commerce site, using the best WordPress security plugins is crucial. It can go a long way in protecting your website and data from malicious attacks.
6 Best WordPress Security plugins in 2021
1. Sucuri Security
Sucuri is the best WordPress security plugin in 2021
Sucuri is the best WordPress security plugin in 2021. The Sucuri Security WordPress plugin offers several features for your website to improve your current security status.
Sucuri Security is a comprehensive security plugin for WordPress, and it’s free! It serves as an all-inclusive solution for keeping your site safe, secure, and malware-free.
A few prominent features include:
- file integrity monitoring
- remote scanning via their LiveCDs or virtual machine instances like Metasploit Pro with automated remediation if vulnerabilities are found (premium)
- website firewall service from Sucuri Firewall Cloud WAF
Advantages and Features of Sucuri Security Plugin
- Sucuri protects your website from hackers and DDoS attacks
- Unlimited malware removal, a premium response SLA, and lightning-fast page speed
- Monitors indicators of compromise with numerous alerting options
- Speeds up page load times by using Sucuri’s CDN
Pricing Plan of Sucuri
Sucuri comes with four different pricing plans.
- Basic: 199.99/ year
- Professional: 299.99/ year
- Business: 399.99/ year
- Custom: Custom
2. Wordfence Security
Wordfence is an excellent plugin for keeping your WordPress website safe and secure.
Wordfence has an endpoint firewall to protect for protecting WordPress by implementing the newest rules..
With all these tools, you can be sure that your site will stay protected against any possible attack or breach from hackers or viruses.
Advantages and Features of Wordfence
- Keep your passwords Safe with Wordfence
- Live Traffic: view activity on your site in real-time
- Two-factor Authentication: Stop brute force attacks permanently
- Block traffic from any source
- Repair Files: Fix corrupt files more quickly and easily than ever before with one click.
Pricing Plan of WordFence
Wordfence is a WordPress plugin that alerts you quickly if your site has been compromised. It leverages the same proprietary feed and offers significant discounts on multi-year & multi-license purchases, for just $8.25/month or less!
Drag and drops newsletter plugin for WordPress
A reliable drag and drop newsletter plugin for WordPress.
Jetpack is the ultimate WordPress plugin for security, backups, malware scan, anti-spam, and CDN. Jetpack Security provides easy-to-access and comprehensive site security. That way, you can focus on your core business without worrying about security threats.
Jetpack’s powerful spam protection lets you run a successful campaign without worrying about those pesky bots filling up your inbox with messages from fake accounts!
Advantages and Features of JetPack WP
- Security, backup, speed, & growth
- Get 24/7website protection with Jetpack
- Back up your site in real-time and restore to any point you need, automatically
- See every change made on/to your old website and who made those changes with Activity Log
- Debugging, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Monitor your site’s uptime or downtime
- Maintain uptime and reduce disruptions to your business
- Monitor downtime and changes performed to your site.
- Secure your site with automated backups
- Daily Backup: $5.97/month, paid monthly
- Daily Security: $14.97/month, paid monthly
- Complete: $59.97/month, paid monthly
4. All In One WP Security & Firewall
The All In One WordPress Security plugin is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, stable, and well-supported WordPress security plugin.
Experts designed this WP security plugin to reduce your website’s vulnerability risks while implementing the latest recommended practices. The plugin offers an unparalleled level of protection for your site’s data and performance.
It also considers how many features are enabled on each installation. This way users can measure their own progress towards creating a more secure environment online, within their company network.
Advantages and Features of All In One WP Security & Firewall Plugin
- Keeps your website secure and running
- Checks for vulnerabilities to avoid hacker attacks
- Helps you take control over your account by preventing others from logging in
- Security points grading system for a transparent understanding of your site’s protection level
- Helps you change passwords and create unique, strong passwords with user account security tips
5. MalCare Security
MalCare is the only WordPress security plugin that ensures your website will never slow down by its heavy-duty, all-in-one service.
MalCare has a hidden malware scanner, which is a fast and easy solution. The plugin prevents any potential threats or viruses on your site, so you can say goodbye to slow loading speeds!
Malcare has an Auto Clean Feature for cleaning up dirty content. That means the Smart Firewall does not leave anything undone when it comes to scanning for threats.
Nothing escapes its detection methods: If something seems suspicious, it will pick it up before Google blacklists the website and shuts it off.
If you’re looking for peace of mind online, make sure you have MalCare.
Advantages and Features of MalCare Plugin
- Looks for and removes malware that has been installed on your website
- Keeps your site safe from hacker bots looking to perform malicious attacks that lead to higher risk of business failure
- Uses an automated system with the latest technology to shield you from hackers, viruses, and other cyber-attacks
- The scanner doesn’t affect how fast or slow down websites.
- It provides a link so you can see exactly what piece of malware was detected.
- Personal for 1 site: $99/Year
- Small Business for up to 5 websites: $259/Year
- Developers for up to 20 websites: $599/Year
- Agency Plus for more than 20 sites: Custom
Every website needs to be secured, and WordPress is no exception. With the right security plugin in place, a site can become impenetrable from hackers that are hoping for an easy way into your data. But, with iThemes Security Plugin, you don’t have to worry.
The powerful security plugin secures WordPress sites, so they can be safe. With its locking down vulnerabilities like SQL injections through advanced features like two-factor authentication and malware scan scheduling, the plugin is a must-have solution.
Advantages and Features of iThemes Plugin
- Easy and comprehensive security plugin for your WordPress site
- Prevents hackers from stealing important customer data or compromising your business
- Helps you stop worrying about what you don’t know and focus on what’s important like running a successful company
- Blogger: $48 PER YEAR (Secure & protect 1 site)
- Small Business: $77 PER YEAR (Secure & protect 10 sites)
- Gold: $120 PER YEAR (Secure & protect unlimited sites)
- Download iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
The best way to protect your website from hackers and other threats is to install security plugins.
Sucuri Security, Wordfence Security, Jetpack, All In One WP Security & Firewall, MalCare Security, and iThemes are all excellent WordPress security plugins. These plugins have been rated highly for their ability to defend against cyber threats.
We recommend using Sucuri Security and Jetpack because they are both lightweight plugins that won’t bog down your web server. These plugins leave more power available for computing tasks like faster loading speeds.
Which of these WordPress security plugins has worked the best for you?