In this article, we are going to talk about how to start or launch your online store journey in 2020 that gives you millions of Bucks? Is it possible to launch your store quickly and easily in the quarantine days? Will it work for your Business?
We will tell you how to start an online store? What marketing strategies should you follow? What tools will be the best fit for your Business? What steps will be included to launch your online store journey that will make you a multi-millionaire? Stay tuned with us and find out the ways to become a millionaire.
In the year of 1995, a book was the first item to be ordered online on Amazon. Now, if we look at stats, over 2 Trillion US bucks have been cashed by the eCommerce industry in 20 years.
An online store is nothing but more than a website where consumers can order their products or avail services. These online stores could be a small local store, gigantic e-commerce websites such as Amazon, Alibaba, eBay, American Eagle Outfitters, and a lot more.
Ecommerce Revolutionized the Retail World
The way eCommerce trends have been surged and touched the sky; we can say that E-commerce revolutionized the entire retail world. Online shopping has become more comfortable as online stores have been powered with full customization features, security integration features, improved return policies, and enhanced integration.
As eCommerce websites tell consumer behavior of how customer shops online? These Insights are beneficial to understand the consumer, and it will help online stores owners to convert more potential customers into actual buyers.
Covid-19 Impact on Online Stores
Everyone has become sick of this quarantine days or COVID-19. Gyms, local stores, shopping malls, garment factories, mobile phone shops all are shuttered down due to coronavirus. Government authorities have restricted the footsteps of their people to their homes.
Consumers are facing many troubles fulfilling their daily needs, and now they are looking to shop online for their daily needs, and this is the perfect moment for online store owners to grab the users’ attention and capture the market.
Statistics show that many online products and services gained 200% to 800% in their sales. Isn’t quite amazing stats for eCommerce websites’ owners?
Marvelous Marketing Strategies to start Online Store
The thing which matters a lot when you are deciding to start an online store or eCommerce website is your marketing paradigm.
Your Marketing Paradigm
The more you follow equanimity in your marketing process, the more your online store will be successful. The better marketing strategy will tell you whether you are going to cash the market or cash the failure into your account.
Considering the wrong marketing strategy will make your online store the biggest failure in the town.
Take the following mentioned marketing model steps and apply them to your online store.
1. Choose Your Market Strategy
2. Select the Best Product Niche
3. Choose a Catchy Brand Name
4. Create Your Online Store
Choose Your Market Strategy
Before going to the Ultimate step, which is building up an eCommerce store for your business, first, you need to select an ideal marketing paradigm. Don’t even think about storefront templates, or to get logo design services, or any other stuff yet. (We will go through to how to start an online store in 2020 that drives sales.) First, focus on your marketing strategy.
This is the only step that will lead your online store towards success and makes you a millionaire guy. It’s not a too difficult task, but that is the one on which you should consider thoughtfully.
Most Considerable Marketing strategies that work for eCommerce websites in 2020:
- Paid Marketing
- Platform Marketing
Optimize Your Online Stores with Perfect SEO
SEO has become a crucial element for every nature of websites, whether you are a blogger, or you are running macro-niche or micro-niche websites (that mainly focuses on single keywords). Follow These SEO Steps to Optimize Your Online Stores
- Find that keywords that are relevant to your products like if you are selling men shoes then find low-competition keywords with high monthly searches + low CPC (Cost Per Click)
- Spend quality time on keyword research. The more you spend time on proper keyword research, the more quality results will be in your pocket.
- Follow “One Primary Keyword for One Page” Model as if you are targeting the keyword “Men’s Nike Shoes,” then optimize this keyword against only one page.
- SEO is based on Content and quality links. This is the stage where you will invest most of your time to get better results.
- Why should you go for SEO? Because it gives long-term benefits to your website as compared to other marketing tactics.
- But every good thing takes time to give outcomes, and this point will lead you to go for another marketing option, and that is Paid Marketing.
Paid Marketing for Online Stores
As we have discussed that SEO is a long-term process, you need some other alternative marketing strategy to get quick results for your eCommerce store. To address this, we go for paid marketing, which includes sponsored posts on social media platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and PPC campaigns in Google search.
You pay handsome money to advertising companies (if you are running PPC campaigns then here Google will be playing the role of an advertising company, and if you are running ads on social media platforms then the same rule will be implied )
But the question arises that is paid marketing good option for your Business? The golden rule says that you should go for paid marketing when you have the product that could be featured in a mall.
Biggest Paid Marketing Mediums of 2020
The most prominent paid marketing mediums are Facebook and Instagram. If we compare these two social media platforms, then Instagram wins the game.
Suppose you have logged in your social media account, enjoying memes, commenting on your friend’s posts. This means you are enjoying online life. It is very similar to how a group of individuals shops at a shopping mall. Mostly public goes for specific products, but some guys just go there for entertainment purposes. Malls have known this for a while & stores have optimized around this browsing experience.
The product items that have quite a good sell have a great chance to do well in the Paid advertising model.
Platform Marketing for Online Stores
This marketing model is very diverse in nature as compared to the other two methods above.
As supposed to creating your online store and considering some kind of marketing paradigm to get traffic to your website, you will influence one of these Giant eCommerce stores:
Going through any of these websites can lead you to success, but most folks recommend Amazon. As the largest online store and having a broad range of audiences, it will give many options, and Amazon has almost every product niche that will help you to create your online store.
If you have craft-oriented products, then Etsy will be a perfect choice because Etsy has the audience that likes craft-oriented products. And eBay is an excellent option as far as buying and reselling is concerned.
Whichever marketing channel you choose, it is your choice. First, you will launch your online store on that platform and display all of your product items and services. Second, you will be going through the optimization process of your store, which mainly focuses on:
- Targeting the product pages to particular keywords searched for within that platform.
- 5-star reviews are very important for your store because the more 5-star reviews you get, the more your online website will gain people’s attention that ultimately drives you a lot of sales.
How to Choose the Best eCommerce Platform for your Online Store?
The main question of how to choose the best eCommerce platform for your online store? Going to answer this question, first, you should consider the following things before going to select an eCommerce platform:
Your eCommerce Platform Must Have Specific Shipping Needs
Whether you are trading mobile phones, food items, t-shirts, or whatever, shipping needs are a crucial part of your online business journey. The eCommerce platform you will choose for your online store must have specific shipping features and characteristics that can support all kinds of stuff.
It should have order tracking, complaint or feedback option, automated order confirmation, location details, and can also be optimized according to your needs.
1. Choose Right Team That Can Handle
After considering shipping needs, you must have gone through your technical team who is going to handle your client’s online store problems.
- Are they good enough at the technical side?
- Will existing UI be challenged for them?
- Can your team is able to give long-term support?
So consider all these points when you choose platforms.
2. Plugins and Integrations
To perform multiple tasks on your eCommerce website, you also need some 3rd party tools like plugins and integration stuff. And also, your current business system needs to be integrated with your online store.
Suppose your business is going well, earning a lot of money, and now you are thinking to expand your Business. That’s good to more length to your Business, but if I ask, is your eCommerce platform scalable too?
Scalability is the most significant factor you need to check before selecting an eCommerce platform. If your platform is not able to get more scalable, then leave it and find another one; otherwise, you are Business is waiting for online death, and that is very soon.
The Best E-Commerce Platforms in 2020
We have discussed what factors you should consider, what marketing strategy you should follow. Now we will see what the best eCommerce Platforms are in 2020?
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin, which is intended to work correctly with WordPress websites. It is the most famous and well-known eCommerce platform on the Internet. Some of the reputable websites that use WooCommerce are Orange Guitar, Singer, Weber, Amps, and Airstream.
5 Life-Saving Pros of WooCommerce
- As a leading open-source platform, it gives full customization features as per your requirements.
- You can get core software without paying a single penny.
- A secure and powerful shopping cart is featured with it.
- WooCommerce has a broader community.
- A hundred of Plugins, themes, tools, and other options are waiting for you.
5 Painful Cons of WooCommerce
- The biggest drawback is that it’s not a complete eCommerce CMS but a WordPress plugin. So, you can’t go anywhere else except WordPress.
- It depends on third-party tools, so maybe the cost can go up at any time.
- It doesn’t provide hosting, so it’s your headache to manage the hosting of your website.
- Implementation of Multi-currency is quite a tough job.
- Scalability is also a big issue of WooCommerce.
If you have enough knowledge of WP, then using WooCommerce would be a cinch. But as we have seen, that scalability issue can force you to migrate from WooCommerce to another Platform.
You can get a basic version of WooCommerce is free. The lower cost for web hosting is $6.95 per month, but it depends on your traffic and the size of your online store.
Holding an 18% market share of the market, Shopify emerges as the 2nd most well-known eCommerce platform. The most exciting part of Shopify is that it offers a hosting solution, and you can run everything on your eCommerce platform.
The New York Times Shop, WaterAid, Tesla Motors, and some other big names are running their Business by using Shopify.
5 Life-Saving Pros of Shopify
- It’s effortless to use and easy to set up.
- You will get the support of many 3rd party payment gateways.
- You can sync your social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Amazon with Shopify easily.
- It offers a user-friendly inventory management system.
- You will see many Paid and free mobile-optimized themes.
5 Painful Cons of Shopify
- A rise in cost could be seen as you go forward to apps, themes, tools, and plugins. Many features of Shopify need onetime payment, but some plugins cost you on a monthly basis.
- There is a transaction fee that needs to be paid on most of the 3rd party payment gateways.
- Exporting Blog posts is not hassle-free.
- You can use multiple discounts by default; one discount per order is set.
- You can use the AMP feature when you are using an app on your online store.
29$ is the monthly price for the Basic Shopify plan.
Magento holds a 13% market share, and it’s a top-rated eCommerce platform with a lot of features. You can download and install Magento on your server. Many global giant corporations like Jaguar, Nike, Victoria Beckham, and Everlast use the Magento platform.
There is no fee for the basic plan. It’s completely free of cost, but you will pay for hosting, templates, customization, and premium plugins.
4 Life-Saving Pros of Magento
- As being served as an open-source eCommerce platform, it gives full authority and total grip over the design and development features.
- The core code is uninterruptedly modernized to make sure seamless customization.
- You can get many paid and free themes, templates, widgets, modules, and many more.
- The striking thing in Magento is you can design multiple websites in many languages if your Business covers various territories.
4 Painful Cons of Shopify
- As it is an open-source platform, the security responsibilities, updates, and stuff like that are your responsibility.
- You will spend $20,000 per year for the hosted version.
- Owing to the complicated code, customization is a time-consuming process and demands highly professional developers. So, in the end, you have to spend a lot of bucks for customization.
- Don’t go with cheap hosting services that are not going to run for an extended period of time. Choose the best hosting service that is made especially for it, or permits your technical team to tailor what PHP modules are running.
BigCommerce is a notable eCommerce medium utilized by fat cats, for example, Toyota, Martha Stewart, Ben and Jerry’s, and Original Moxie. The well-known eCommerce giant has a considerable resemblance to Shopify. Despite the fact that it provides more advanced digital marketing settings, modules, and analytics.
You can leverage Standard BigCommerce at the price of $29.95/month.
5 Life-Saving Pros of BigCommerce
- It accompanies a visual store builder.
- BigCommerce users leverage the facility of responsive templates and many customizable options, including a robust shopping cart.
- BigCommerce provides unlimited bandwidth, file storage, products, and orders.
- It supports the multi-currency feature.
- It also provides multi-layered hosting security along with DDOS protection.
3 Painful Cons of Shopify
- Only Seven templates will be given for free, while the cost of paid themes is quite high. Advanced features can cost you a lot of bucks.
- For beginners, design customization would not be an easy task. Editing interface could be a tricky job as it consists of some complicated options.
- There are no native POS features. The plans also come with sales limits.
BigCommerce is an ideal solution for giant stores or rapidly growing stores. So, it is not the right choice for SMBs.
Intelvue can help you to choose the eCommerce Platform for your Business.
As we have gone through a significant process, there is no one-stop solution when it comes to choosing the eCommerce platform. If we conclude the article, it totally depends on your Business and its requirements, technical information, future prospects, and integrations.
Keep these points, as mentioned above, before considering the best eCommerce platform for your Business.
Of course, at Intelvue, we have years of experience in custom eCommerce stores and can build for any of the platforms mentioned in our blog/article and also others. Our eCommerce solution services helped a lot of online store owners and we would love to discuss your eCommerce project and happy to help your business to be more successful.